chances of getting a UAI of 99+?? (1 Viewer)

soisorce26

HSC
hello hello, i was just wandering, if its possible for someone who attends a public school thats not even on the top200 list to get a UAI of 99+?? and say it is possible, what are the chances/odds/probability compared to those students who attend selective and private schools?

And one other thing, how many students [roughly] gets 99+ a year??

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if i remember correctly i think around 750 students in the state get UAI's above 99, with 23 getting 100 approximately.
Its possible that someone that doesnt attend a top 200 school to get a UAI of 99+, provided either that they come first in all their subjects internally and smashing the external exam, or that school had a really good cohort and scales everyone up, but more likely the former.
But the chances of a high UAI is certainly a lot greater in selective school than public school thats out of 200 due to the competition...its very very competitive.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha im pretty sure thats a document somewhere in the uac website that tells you how many students got in the elite 99+ range.

soisorce26

HSC
wow thanks alot!! never knew such a table existed haha...
ohhh btw i was also pondering that say student A came first at skool in terms of ranks and student B came second where A got a mark of 95 while B, 90.
But in the HSC, student B came first with a mark of 95 while student A came second with a mark of 80. Does student A get student B's external mark??

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if student A comes first, then he gets the highest exam mark as his moderated assessment mark, and he keeps whatever he got for the exam as hsc exam mark.
so basically A has 95 for his moderated assessment mark and 80 for his exam mark, which gives it 88 for his subject mark.

soisorce26

HSC
ohhh ok, thanks for the clarification :D makes it sound really fair! hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)