Help please Cyph! (1 Viewer)

xxx

Hi Cyph I really need your advice.
Okay, here is the bare and brutal fact:
I came 184th out of 187th for English advance( I screwed up the first assessment real bad!!!!!!!)
Now I pretty confident, after a whole holiday on English, that I can at least acheive a high band five if not low band six.
I know the HSC mark remains constant but what happens to the moderated assessment mark?:confused:

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
u get the 184th ranked mark in our school (from the hsc mark)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You will still receive the 184th highest (but not equal) exam mark as your moderated assessment mark.

If I were to take a logical guess, I'd say you go to Sydney Boys High. I don't think I can count how many times i've seen the x/187 for advanced english hahha.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but if you're Exam mark and Assessment mark are vastly different (and I mean vastly different), BOS have been known to make allowances and just use your Exam mark.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
u get 184th's mark (may be higher or lower than ur school assessment mark), u get ur exam mark (from hsc)

then u get the average of thoes 2

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but if you're Exam mark and Assessment mark are vastly different (and I mean vastly different), BOS have been known to make allowances and just use your Exam mark.
Don't think so. The BOS wants students to be working consistently throught the year. and as reward will achieve good marks.

Though I wish what you said will happen :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
That's true. But BOS are also aware of the fact that teachers at schools might be biased and that the Assessment marks aren't always a true indication of the student's ability.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That's why ranking would be considered.

In any school if they are unfair, that unfairness is throughout that year and so everyone is treated the same way.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
No, that's not what I mean. I meant that they were biased towards certain students for certain 'unknown' reasons throughout the whole year. And that they're Exam mark was so markedly higher that they may (for the benefit of the doubt) give them an Assessment mark equal to their Exam mark.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Well I'm not sure about that. Never heard of it.

But in reference to this thread, he goes to Sydney Boy's.

So theres like a ZERO percent chance that will happen. :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Not true. It is the responsibility of the student to report cases of biased marking before the marks are sent in.

xxx

Thanks guys for the advice.
I don't really care about my assessment mark-who can change the past?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
that's the right attitude broda!
GO XXXman! ;)

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Not true. It is the responsibility of the student to report cases of biased marking before the marks are sent in.
can you give me more information on that please
can we appeal specific assessment marks?

hey xxx! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)