UAI prediction pleaseeeeee (1 Viewer)

joelskies1

HSC
Sorry guys I was aiming to go to Maquarie Uni to study IT which needs a UAI of **70**. I have applied for EAS because I have my marks affected greatly over the last two years... Just wondering if I will need the EAS to help me along in getting in this course with the following ranks:

IPT- 7/12 (above class average)
Std English- 20/57 (Above course average)
Std Maths- 14/48 (Above course average)
Italian Beginners- 5/7 (class average of approx. 85%)
IT VET- 2/6 (way above class average)

If this isn't enough for me to get into the course, suggest how much I will need to up my game by lol....

..07hscer..

HSC
Judging by those ranks and above and on par average results + with continual work up untill the hsc i dont see why 70.00 can't be achieved, but nevertheless - the average of the class can high/low, you may 'bomb' out in the hsc exams itself etc. etc.

so there are other alternatives out there - specifically for Macquarie, there a couple of schemes available, contact Macquarie uni itself~!

There's the Uni test - you should apply for it

pLuvia said:
MACQ is offering the UNI test as well, similar to the ANU one I think. Check it out here

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/undergrad/admissions/prospectivestudents/alternatepathways/uniTest.htm
and contact Macquarie

"What if I don't have a UAI?

If you do not have a UAI, you are still able to sit the uniTEST exam.

uniTEST will not replace the UAI entrance rank as the primary admission criterion. It is intended to be used in conjunction with other factors and which support the overall selection process for those whose schooling or previous studies were impacted by circumstances that disadvantaged their final results.
What is the difference between uniTEST and other EAS (Educational Access Schemes)?
____
Macquarie also offers the Lighthouse Scheme which considers educational disadvantage and applicants may receive an offer if they are within 4 credit points of the published cut off. Through the uniTEST process, offers may be made regardless of their UAI and/or published cut-off.
joelskies1 said:
because I have my marks affected greatly over the last two years..
____
The uniTEST pathway does not provide 'bonus points' to be added to a students UAI result. The uniTEST pathway provides an opportunity to access university studies, for any student whose schooling may have been impacted due to circumstances beyond their control. The overall intent of this new pathway is equity based, to not preclude students who can demonstrate they are likely to succeed at university level, regardless of results they obtained during their final years of schooling."

^^ check the website for numbers for your Faculty, ask them in regards to pathways to getting into IT (perhaps a diploma?)
here is the general contact numbers - http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/undergrad/other/contact.htm

and a link for 'alternate pathways' - http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/undergrad/admissions/prospectivestudents/index.htm#pathways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)