say atm my marks are as follow
60/100 rank 30/70 english standard
60/100 rank 30/70 maths gen
60/100 rank 30/70 business
42/100 rank 24/32 anc hist
89/100 rank 3/21 it: multimedia

those were the marks sent in
if assuming i get all band 5s and possibly even 2 or 3 band 6's,
do i get to see my raw HSC mark in the report?
and assuming for anc hist, which the mark sent it was a fail mark
if i could get 90 in the external, raw mark, does it pull my internal up or does my external get pulled down instead
same question with the other 3 subjects with 60/100 marks.

btw :-
where can i get the band 5/6 example responces for all the above subjects?
i kno english is in the main site as well as business
whut bout anc hist and multimedia
?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
do i get to see my raw HSC mark in the report?
Nope. You never get too see them. Might happen in the distant future but certainly not now.

and assuming for anc hist, which the mark sent it was a fail mark if i could get 90 in the external, raw mark, does it pull my internal up or does my external get pulled down instead
same question with the other 3 subjects with 60/100 marks.
If you read the thread titled "Explanation of HSC Marks" you will see that the Board of Studies will moderate those assessment marks sent in.

There are 2 things assessment marks are mainly used for. They are as follows:

<li> Show ranking
<li> Show relative differences between students

After your year has done the HSC exam, there will be a 'pool' of marks. These marks are distributed according to ranks, though they will never be equal to those HSC marks but fairly close.

So in your example you can 24th in Ancient history, and you get 90 in your HSC exam. The result will be the 24th highest mark will become your moderated assessment mark (though not equal to it).

So say if your moderated assessment becomes 80. Then the average of your HSC exam mark and your interall assessment will result in your HSC exam mark.

where can i get the band 5/6 example responces for all the above subjects?
If you can't find them on this site I doubt you will be able to find them unless you ask your school.

Standards packages are valued resources and are added to the database as soon as possible, if you can't find them, sorry, maybe your teachers will be able to help. The exam hasn't started yet, you still have time to get hold of them.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
- U don't get to see any raw marks. Only aligned exam marks, moderated assessment marks, and your HSC mark.

- If u get 90 as an exam mark in ancient, and if everyone in ur class does well, then your moderated assessment mark reflects this...ie, if everyone in ur class got between 80 and 99 in the exam, and u were ranked as u are, u'd get a moderated assessment mark around mid-high 80's.

- As yet I dont think we have them, u'll have to ask your school

omicron

also sayin those are my most recent marks
do u think its too late to get above like 82 UAI?
cos ive really been workin, i kno those ranks n marks r really crap, but i reckon i can do much much better with all band 5s n 6s

and rage
do u mean the person who gets ranked 24th in the external, their mark in the external becomes my moderated internal mark?
hence if i get 90 external and my internal becomes say 75
90+75 = 165/2 = 83?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You -should- be able to get it, provided you perform well in your HSC exam.

Originally posted by omicron
do u mean the person who gets ranked 24th in the external, their mark in the external becomes my moderated internal mark?
Yes that is true, but it won't be the exact mark the 24th highest get. It will be around it though.

hence if i get 90 external and my internal becomes say 75
90+75 = 165/2 = 83?
Yes that is true as well.

omicron

all band 5s and 1 or hopefully more band6s count as good for u?

and wen people say band 5 etc, is dat raw mark or moderated

Laz with your experience, with these marks n ranks, with band5s n 6s in the external is above 82 still possible?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It would be band 5 aligned.

No one ever knows their raw marks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Laz with your experience, with these marks n ranks, with band5s n 6s in the external is above 82 still possible?
Hmm.

It's possible.

omicron

and btw im in Killara High
which i believe is ranked fairly well
non private/selective
does dat help my marks

and btw
english i sorta screwed up i should get 75ish in external

as for maths im aiming for 100(raw mark) and business no less than 90

whut u think laz?
and then multimedia i think i should have got 90% for my major work and the external i couldve got around 75-85?

ancient was my best so far of the 4 10mark questions, and the 2 25mark questions, i prepared 6 essays in which 4 came out.. so i think i have a slight chance of band 6 if not band if really unlucky band 4

the thing is, for ancient, out of like 32 students, around 25 left early, sum said they screwe up , some said they finished early, none of these students are the top students however.
i stayed till the end, still writing
i think i have a possible chance of gettin in the top 10 ranks for the external HSC for the course
is dat goin to pull me up?
if i *touchwood* achieved a higher mark in the external compared to more den 10+ people who beat me in the internals, would dat pull me up?

and one more thing i jus thought off, from whut rage has said, does it mean
say if i get 100 for external and i get ranked 1st in the skewl for the course on the exam, the person who was ranked first in the internal gets my 100???

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)