quick scaling question and uai approx? (1 Viewer)

ctkid

HSC
hey guys this scaling stuff really confuses me so ill give you a scenario and u guys can give me an idea on what is likely to happen

english rank 140/210
INTERNAL HSC EXAM
82 85

maths rank 68/74
INTERNAL HSC EXAM
67 85

Legal rank 21/28
INTERNAL HSC EXAM
85 87

Eco rank 60/90
INTERNAL HSC EXAM
86 88

business 8/20
INTERNAL HSC EXAM
92 91

so if anyone can be bothered...what kinda marks would i get as my final assesment marks...especially for maths...because i really screwed up maths but i am confident i can get band 5 in hsc...and i go to a top 5 selective school...so what do u guys think?
and if anyone can...an approx uai as well?

ctkid

HSC
watatank said:
i would predict low 90's
thats about right...but thats assumingi get the projected hsc marks iv put in...thats what im trying to work out...how wud da moderating work 4 maths if i was to get my prediction of 85 in hsc exam while having an approx of 67 in internal?

HSC
i'm afraid your internal for maths won't go up that much tbh. maybe a couple of marks up at best depending on how your whole school goes due to your low rank in the class. all you can do now is do your best in maths in the externals, remember that's still 50% of your final mark! :)

N

noir.

Ah but the internal marks do not count for anything because they in no way compare you to the rest of the state ;)

depending on how everyone ranked higher than you goes, and depending on how you go in the exam, you could be expecting a mark in the band 4 or 5 range for math

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
noir. said:
Ah but the internal marks do not count for anything because they in no way compare you to the rest of the state ;)

depending on how everyone ranked higher than you goes, and depending on how you go in the exam, you could be expecting a mark in the band 4 or 5 range for math
So much for coming 1st, 3rd & 3rd internally :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)