UAIseeker q. (1 Viewer)

N

ND

When i use the reverse feature, it doesn't vary the marks enough. Is there a way around this? For example, i put in 99.5 with:

Chem - Very strong
Eng (adv) - Inept
Maths 3u - Adept
Maths 4u - Adept
Phys - Very strong

But the marks it gives me are only ~95 for 4u, 97 for 3u, and 87 for english. How can i get it to make it like 97-98 for 4u, 98-99 for 3u then whatever i need for english? Is the only way by using standard and experimenting?
Thanks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Can you copy/paste all of the marks it reports to you for those inputs?

It might be giving you that particular set because more varied marks would mean going over 100 in a particular course.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
But if you were inept in English, then you cannot possible get a 95 UAI.

The UAISeeker would probably use the lowest value it can in comparison to others in order to attain a 95 UAI.

e.g. your inept in english and say get 60/100

The rest of your subjects you get 95/100. You still won't attain a 95 UAI, depending on subject of course.

Last edited:

apollo

spam 5 of your mates and get the aligned marks version. that way you can find out for yourself what kind of marks you're aiming for to get 99.5.

Completely off topic - who is that in your avatar ND???

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Besides English, those percentile estimates are insane!

N

ND

Originally posted by Ragerunner
But if you were inept in English, then you cannot possible get a 95 UAI.

The UAISeeker would probably use the lowest value it can in comparison to others in order to attain a 95 UAI.

e.g. your inept in english and say get 60/100

The rest of your subjects you get 95/100. You still won't attain a 95 UAI, depending on subject of course.
But i've got 3u and 4u maxed out, and english at its minimum level, but maths is still only 94th and 97th percentile. I want maths to be at a higher percentile, and english lower. It is still obviously possible to get a lower english marks and the same uai, provided other marks are higher. Also, why are the chem and phys percentiles higher than the maths ones, when adept is 'higher' than very strong?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Also, why are the chem and phys percentiles higher than the maths ones, when adept is 'higher' than very strong?
You can't compare percentiles between courses - but you can compare scaled marks. Notice that the scaled marks for the 'adept' courses are higher than those for the 'very strong' courses.

Originally posted by ND
I want maths to be at a higher percentile, and english lower. It is still obviously possible to get a lower english marks and the same uai, provided other marks are higher.
Mmm, yes, it's possible, but I don't think there are enough qualitative ratings to provide the fine discrimination you seek. I'd recommend - until I have time to add more ratings - noting the percentiles it's reporting and then manually tweaking them using the standard edition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)