Uai. (1 Viewer)

Smitty07

HSC
My U.A.I is 53.55. My aim was like 60-65. =[.
I just have a few questions.
With results as:
80-General Maths.
75-Adv. English.
73-Information Processes Technology.
71-Information Technology.
67-Food Technology.

1. Which subjects let me down?
2. If I want to get into Financial Advising and I need 65 as far as I know, I don't think I have a chance, but how else can I get in like next year?
3. And my friend got a U.A.I of 99.15, is that like.. the best or what? Haha.
Thanks.

Che08

HSC
Dont get me wrong. But i think the mark to let you down most was ADV. English.
75 is a great mark and one to be happy with but i believe to do adv english and to go well in it they seek marks over 85.
When i did the HSC (4 years ago) I got similar marks in my adv english and my teacher told me that higher results are expected in that course and if i had done std english i would've recieved a higher UAI.

I cant help with the other questions sorry.. but there is always another way into the course you want. Get in touch with a careers advisor or Course advisor at the Uni of your choice to discuss your options.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
To get a UAI of 53.55 with those marks sounds crazy. You ought to get it re-checked some how.

HSC
food tech and i.t. let you down the most.

the uai is a rank, and unfortunately the marks you got must have been below average mark in all your subjects (cohort is much stronger this year than in recent times) as the average UAI is ~65. thats the only explanation, you were just unlucky to be in a really strong cohort. :(

still put down your preferences and if you get in great, if not you can always do a business diploma at tafe and get into uni that way. good luck with it all :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)