minimum raw mark? (1 Viewer)

spunky

if you turn up to a hsc exam, write absoloutely nothing, is your raw mark 0? i have heard something about 50 being the minimum. sorry if this is completely wrong :p

crazyhobo

Originally posted by spunky
if you turn up to a hsc exam, write absoloutely nothing, is your raw mark 0? i have heard something about 50 being the minimum. sorry if this is completely wrong :p
Are you talking about the UAI? Because if you are, then you obvious don't realise that it is a rank, and not a score. There has to be every mark from 100 to 0 (or maybe 1, I'm not sure). The people who come first in the HSC getting 100, while the people who came last getting 0.

spunky

heh ok, forget the whole non-genuine attempt thing ... but still, is the minimum raw mark 50?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The minimum raw mark (the one the marker gives you) is 0.

The minimum aligned mark (the one reported to you by the Board) is also 0. However, an aligned mark of 50 corresponds to the "minimum standard" in each course, and so the vast majority of students receive aligned marks in the range of 50 - 100.

spunky

thx Laz,

so in UAISeeker, is there any point entering in aligned mark which is below 50?

i.e. i'm not sure if i'll be able to get a raw mark of 50%+ in ext 2 maths ... it just confused me when it allows you to enter an aligned mark from 0-50

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by spunky
so in UAISeeker, is there any point entering in aligned mark which is below 50?
Not really, no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)