How can I improve?? (1 Viewer)

wow!

HSC
N/A
:wave: Hey guys! I was wondering if you could tell me how I could get a 99 roundabouts (basically above 95) UAI considering how I ranked in these subjects:

English Adv: 4/101
Eng Ext 1: 5/19
2U Maths: 16/96
Bio: 9/78
Chem: 17/67
Modern History: 2/23
Business Studies: 11/71

The above are based on my Yr 11 results and I will of course work harder in Yr 12 but I wanted to know, whereabouts I would land if these were my actual Yr 12 marks and what I could do to improve to get 99?

For the First HSC Assessments I got:
Eng Adv: 2/90
Eng Ext 1: No assessment so far
2U maths: Haven't gotten ranks but aroudn teh same place i owuld expect
Bio: 6/60
Chem: 19/63 (I did pretty crap on this one although I can't work out why I didn't get it...it was so logial:mad1: ...so it is why I'm consideirng dropping Chem or Business Studies...can't decide which one...cause would it be better to get 80% in Chem and get scaled up or get 92% in Business and get scaled down???)
Modern History: 1/22
Business Studies: 1/50 (roundabouts)

Thanks if you could advise me in any way:)

wow!

HSC
N/A
I go to a comprehensive school by the way, ranked around 60th every yr.

HSC
wow! said:
For the First HSC Assessments I got:
Eng Adv: 2/90
Eng Ext 1: No assessment so far
2U maths: Haven't gotten ranks but aroudn teh same place i owuld expect
Bio: 6/60
Chem: 19/63 (I did pretty crap on this one although I can't work out why I didn't get it...it was so logial:mad1: ...so it is why I'm consideirng dropping Chem or Business Studies...can't decide which one...cause would it be better to get 80% in Chem and get scaled up or get 92% in Business and get scaled down???)
Modern History: 1/22
Business Studies: 1/50 (roundabouts)

Thanks if you could advise me in any way:)
It is actually better for you to get 92% in Business than 80% in chem. Keep it especially when you're coming first.

Top 60 school isn't *too* bad and your ranks are quite strong. You will want to be in at the very least top 5 in everything (just taking a guess though, how many get 95+ in your school generally?), but you're thereabouts anyways. Just work to keep your ranks as high as possible. Maybe think about dropping chem (unless you want to drop maths but that depends what you want to do at uni).

Hope that helps.

himmy6996

HSC
hey ur ranks look fairly good but there is no way to tell especially considering your aim...

coming 1st is crucial - its a massive bonus because it means u get the top mark out of ur whole cohort as ur internal mark, and considering how badly exams can go, thats a really useful ace to have up ur sleeve.

The main advice i can give u is to put 5 times more effort into english advanced than u would otherwise - especially seeing as ur good at it - because of the way scaling works (too long to explain here..), and english adv is unique with everyone in state doing it (minus ESL and standard) every little bit better u get makes a massive difference. Also, its really variable with results, so the higher u r for internal, the less likely u r to get dragged down by people in ur cohort who fuck up (this often happens because English teachers mark up people who write well, but they dont meet the very specific HSC requirements and get really fucked up in the exam)

wow!

HSC
N/A
Hey thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)