IMPORTANT: illness/misadventure: how is the exam mark decided? (1 Viewer)

amyb

I should be in Ancient History right now, but as i am feeling like SHIT, and have been seeing double of most things, i am at home. I saw my principal and deputy and both reccommended i go home, so here i am. But now i am scared that the Board of Studies people will screw me over by giving me a shit mark, purely because i am too sick to do an exam.
So, i am wondering if anyone knows how they reach their mark for illness/misadventure students.
Thankyou a lot,
you will ease my stressing that i have made a big mistake by not going...even though i am sure they cannot give me a mark lower than what i would have scored had i done the test.
My average assessment mark is 85%, and i am ranked 5th out of 26
Thankyou

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If a misadventure succeeds for a particular subject, then you will receive your moderated assessment mark as your exam mark.

So if you are going pretty well in Ancient history then you should be very happy if it succeeds :p

Unless of course you can do better than that :p

amyb

Ok, what do you mean about "if it succeeds"? Can they refuse to accept my medical certificate?

Last edited:

amyb

Why can they do that? I don't understand...on what grounds would they refuse it? Like, is there a particular level of sickness? I have an EAS form outlining my illness, and my principal is going to explain to the supervisors that my illness has been present for all of my exams so far (only the 2 english papers). I am sick, there is no doubt about that...would they be likely to refuse my case?

amyb

Or do they only refuse misadventure cases, like say where someone can't get to an exam, or something along those lines? It is pretty slack to refuse someone's medical certificate, if a doctor thinks they are sick enough to have not been able to do the exam, then the bloody BOS people should, too!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If you have appropriate medical documentation and statements from your principal etc, you should be fine.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah it will depend on what marks the rest of your class get, to what assessment mark yours will be moderated to. then you will get that for your hsc

amyb

Some of my classmates have sms-ed me, and said they actually thought the exam was good, not too hard...so that's good. Thanx for clearing that up for me, am about to head off to the dr. to get my medical cert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)