UAI Seeker Fun :-) (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I was mucking around with my UAI seeker a little and typed in 46% for all my subjects!

If I were in the 46 percentile band (which is not very high) for all mysubjects (not including Ext 1 English coz I couldn't fit it in), it would give the following alligned marks

English Ext 2 40.4/50
English Adv 79.4/100
Maths Ext 2 82.4/100
Maths Ext 1 79.6/100
Physics 73.6/100 (not counted in Top 10 Unit)
Chemistry 69.2/100 (only one unit is counted)
French Continuers 78.2/100

According to 2002 scaling and candidature, I would have got an UAI of 90.25!!

I really really wanna get an UAI of above 90s in 2003~sigh~ does that mean that with all the subjects that I am doing, I'll only need to be an 'average' student in order to achieve a UAI of over 90's? that means that it IS possible for me??

*the ultimate pessimist*

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You definitely don't have to perform as greatly as others, but with those subjects and the effort you put into them to attain the good marks getting 90+ shouldn't be a problem as longs as you do achieve those marks or similar.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
You definitely don't have to perform as greatly as others, but with those subjects and the effort you put into them to attain the good marks getting 90+ shouldn't be a problem as longs as you do achieve those marks or similar.
the problem is the uncertaintly that present. you see, at school, i would have NO problem at all in achieving that. in fact, probably would have achieved way higher. BUT the problem is that I would be competing with the rest of NSW, with lots and lots of talented students. which made me think if I could live up to my expectations!

Btw, do you know if you've got into the honour roll, that assumes that you get over 90 for that subject. Just wondering, will that mark be your external exam mark? or the mark of the average of HSC and assessment mark?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
does that mean that with all the subjects that I am doing, I'll only need to be an 'average' student in order to achieve a UAI of over 90's?
Definitely - all of your courses have reasonably high averages, so doing 'only' average in them is actually doing reasonably well. :)

Originally posted by sugaryblue
Btw, do you know if you've got into the honour roll, that assumes that you get over 90 for that subject. Just wondering, will that mark be your external exam mark? or the mark of the average of HSC and assessment mark?
The latter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)