english and the uai (1 Viewer)

milkyway

Hey
I'm sorry this is a silly question and may have been asked before, but....
I do 12 units all up and in that I do 4 units of english.
I know that they take ur 2 english units wen making ur uai.
So, does it HAVE to be ur 2 advanced english units, or can they make mine up from my 3u and 4u mark? Cos in some weird way I kinda never found my footing in the advanced course, whilst i power away in the other2....
thanks guys

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
They take your 'best' two-units of English. So if your scaled marks for Ext1 and/or Ext2 are higher than Advanced, they will be counted as your compulsory English units. :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
does that mean that even though all of your 4 units are counted, but Ext 1 and Ext 2 are higher than Advanced, your compulsory units will be the extensions?

What difference does that make having all 4 units as your *best* subjects is the order of 'compulsory' matter?? Does anyone know?

*not sure am I even making any sense ;)*

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Say you have 8 units which count already, and just 4 units of English. And in that 4 units of English, English Advanced is the weakest, they'd count the Ext1 and Ext2 units. Clearer?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
i know what you mean. but what I am confused about is that.
All 4 of your English are counted, then does the order of compulsory unit make a difference?

Assume that all the units exam marks are the same, then will your UAI be affected if your extensions get chosen as your compulsory units or if your advanced mark gets chosen to be your compulsory units? Afterall, they scale differently.

My confusion is that, is compulsory worth more than the rest of the 8 units in terms of UAI scaling?

mememe

Originally posted by sugaryblue

My confusion is that, is compulsory worth more than the rest of the 8 units in terms of UAI scaling?
No, your compulsory 2 units are worth 2 units just like all your other subjects. They aren't "more imporant" or anything like that in terms of UAI, the only difference is they are... well, compulsory! So 2 units of english HAS to count, but if you go well in 4 units, all 4 can count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)