hsc scaled mark? (1 Viewer)

lordesf

HSC
HEy

i got this uai clauclator 2007 off a friend and on it it says "HSC mark" and "HSC SCaled MArk"

i found inteteresting that the mostmarks i put in the HSC mark actuaslly turns out scaled down for the hsc scaled mark?

Also one thing im confused is with these uai predicitons is tht for MAths Ext2, do we put the raw marks or an estimated scaled marks into the HSC mark section?

Im curently geting like 60% raw in Ext2... so im not sure to put 65 or a hgiher scaled mark e.g 78 or somthing?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lordesf said:
HEy

i got this uai clauclator 2007 off a friend and on it it says "HSC mark" and "HSC SCaled MArk"

i found inteteresting that the mostmarks i put in the HSC mark actuaslly turns out scaled down for the hsc scaled mark?

Also one thing im confused is with these uai predicitons is tht for MAths Ext2, do we put the raw marks or an estimated scaled marks into the HSC mark section?

Im curently geting like 60% raw in Ext2... so im not sure to put 65 or a hgiher scaled mark e.g 78 or somthing?
The scaled marks that you are talking about is probably the aggregate contribution of each of your subjects. They are normally lower than the mark you put in (exept for really high scaling subjects like maths ext 2). Put in an estimated aligned mark for subjects (so put in 78 rather than 60)

me121

Premium Member
HSC
lordesf said:
HEy

scaled marks are generally lower than aligned hsc marks (except if you get say 98 in chem or 90 in ext2 maths). so yes technically they all scale down, but guess what the UAI is a rank, so if everything scales down it doesn't matter. This is why its useless to look at the raw marks things scale to, rather you should be looking at comparisons of scaled marks across courses.

into the HSC mark section you would put the aligned hsc mark, i.e. the one that you would get on your final HSC certificate, the one that is related to what band you get.

the best thing to do is ask your teacher what they think you would get as a hsc mark, because raw marks in assessments have little indication on your hsc mark.

lil-angeliz

HSC
if you do ext 2 maths your raw mark will be scaled so high like 80+. this is what i heard so not too sure... the scaling system for the hsc is so COMPLICATED:vcross:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)