What are alligned marks?? (1 Viewer)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hey guys, just curious what exactly are alligned marks and what are they based on ect.
Recently myself and some of my friends were messing around with SAM and we put in our raw marks from our half-yearly reports. It turned out that I was getting a lower UAI estimate than people who do TAFE courses and horticulture. So I am curious do alligned marks take into account the difficulty of a subject? And are alligned marks usually higher than raw marks?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Sarah182 said:
Hey guys, just curious what exactly are alligned marks and what are they based on ect.
Recently myself and some of my friends were messing around with SAM and we put in our raw marks from our half-yearly reports. It turned out that I was getting a lower UAI estimate than people who do TAFE courses and horticulture. So I am curious do alligned marks take into account the difficulty of a subject? And are alligned marks usually higher than raw marks?
it all depends how hard your school decides to set and mark exams. however in general i would say cssa/ind trial raw marks are generalyl lower than raw marks.

aligned marks do not take into account the difficulty of the course what they aim to do is put raw marks on a scale set by the performance band descriptors. in other words aligned marks are related to standards, whereas your half yearly marks are most probably just a mark that shows how you compare to others in your school. they are just a relative measure, not an absolute measure.

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
Are you sure your report marks are raw? Some schools align their report marks to performance bands and provide band descriptors so that students and parents can get meaningful information about students' achievements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)