1st and 2nd (1 Viewer)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i know that the person ranked 1st is given the highest exam mark as their assessment mark, or close to it. im ranked 2nd or 3rd in all my subjects and im not seperated to 1st place too much.
say for example i got the highest exam mark, but the nxt highest mark is alot lower, cuz i came 2nd will i recieve the 2nd highest exam mark as my assessment mark, even though in internals im close to 1st place.... ????

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You will not be given the next highest mark from the exam.

Your Assessment mark (from BOS) will also depend on relative differences between where you stand and the rest your grade doing that subject. So if your Assessment marks from school are very close to the person ranked 1st, your Assessment marks will also be as close, or thereabouts.

Try this.

RJ

HSC
I'm in a similar position in a class of four, where I'm ranked 2nd with one mark between me and the first person. They have really slacked off, and my teacher has predicted the sort of marks our class will achieve in the HSC. I tried out the protype moderator thing, and was really concerned with the results:

Rank 1: 89 92 96
Me: 88 96 94.21
Rank 3: 83 89 88.38
Rank 4: 80 89 87.41

This really doesn't seem fair for my final mark to become lower given that my HSC mark is quite a bit more. I experimented with lowering my assessment mark, and found that the final gap was only made wider. Have I understood the process correctly? Is there some way that BOS makes things fairer?

smeyo

but your hsc mark wil be your average of exam mark and moderated assessment mark. therefore person ranked first gets 94 and you get just over 95....casue remember its exam and moderated assessment,

RJ

HSC
thanks for that - it didn't feel right!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
PHEW !!, thats a huge relief, thnx alot guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)