4u aligning.... (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
this years paper for 4u maths was predicted to be fairly hard so looking at the past statistics (which i got from the 50 tips book) i predict the following for this years test:

average raw mark: 52/120

S.D: 19

maximum: 120/120

minimum: 1/120

so based on the above data, is it possible to predict what a 62/120 & a 90/120 would b aligned to??

thanx.:)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You need to know the raw band cut-offs...

A low average mark doesn't mean anything, except to suggest that the cut-offs might be lower than usual (and we don't know what they usually are anyway).

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Lazarus, does that mean that if I fail (close to pass) 4U maths in raw mark, I can still pass with a relatively good results after the alligned mark?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
In terms of HSC result, they aren't going to be that good, because BOS have comparatively lowered the aligned marks it would seem. Just look at 2002 aligned marks, and you'll note that many more people than possibly ever were in E3 ie. 80s range, or even lower.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
Lazarus, does that mean that if I fail (close to pass) 4U maths in raw mark, I can still pass with a relatively good results after the alligned mark?
Yes.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
In terms of HSC result, they aren't going to be that good, because BOS have comparatively lowered the aligned marks it would seem. Just look at 2002 aligned marks, and you'll note that many more people than possibly ever were in E3 ie. 80s range, or even lower.

damn!!! well does that got anythin' to do with the fact that last years hsc was easy?...well i hope it does. :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It doesn't... its just BOS don't want to align the marks too high for Ext2. They want to align subjects which don't involve too many calculations, just words ie. Physics, Chem, Geography, Economics, Ancient, etc.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
It doesn't... its just BOS don't want to align the marks too high for Ext2. They want to align subjects which don't involve too many calculations, just words ie. Physics, Chem, Geography, Economics, Ancient, etc.
man, the board can b summed up as the following:

feminist
maths hating.

:eek:

is a roflcopter
HSC
i would like to think that average this year would be below 52

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
man, the board can b summed up as the following:

feminist
maths hating.

:eek:
at least bored isn't like that :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)