quick question...... (1 Viewer)

pressured

sorry about this stupid question....but jus wanted to know...is the scaled HSC mark worked out from the aligned HSC mark or just from your raw exam marks??

thanks ppl

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by pressured
sorry about this stupid question....but jus wanted to know...is the scaled HSC mark worked out from the aligned HSC mark or just from your raw exam marks??

thanks ppl

from the raw marks.

pressured

ohhhh ok, i see...thanks for answering!...but does that mean that your aligned HSC mark has nothing to do with the calculation of your UAI???

and also can i ask...is the scaled hsc mark always significantly lower than your raw marks?? (although u never get to know what your raw marks are)...it just seems as if the scaled hsc marks are always realli low...or does it depend on what subjects you are doing?

sorri about the stupid questions but it's just that i'm realli comfused and stressed...the scaled hsc marks always seem so low :(

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Your aligned marks basically have nothing to do with how the UAI is calculated.

The scaled mark is usually lower than your raw with the exception of a few subjects. How low your mark ends up being depends on how well you perform.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by pressured
and also can i ask...is the scaled hsc mark always significantly lower than your raw marks??
The nature of the scaling process means that approximately 50% of all raw marks will end up lower than the original mark, and approximately 50% of all raw marks will up higher than the original mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)