10% raw mark in maths (1 Viewer)

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
lets say i got 10% raw mark in maths, what do u think i will get by the bos if i was sent in an assessment mark of 85...

i just want an estimate...
ofcourse ur not gonna know for sure. just if u can base on past yr marks can u give me an estimate

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Laz. If i had bad assessment ranks and marks, is there anyway i could improve them in the HSC exam so that i'll end up with a good exam and mod assessment mark?
Or is it out of my control so i've got to rely on my class to do really well?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
Laz. If i had bad assessment ranks and marks, is there anyway i could improve them in the HSC exam so that i'll end up with a good exam and mod assessment mark?
Or is it out of my control so i've got to rely on my class to do really well?
yeah, no matter how hard u try ya rank and relative difference will b the same for ya mod. assessment- but this doesn't mean that u'll not get a "good" mod. assessment mark, i guess it depends on the kids in ya class....but then again rem. that mod. assessment is just 50% and u get to keep ya hsc mark. :)....i betta stop here, coz i'm not Laz. :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If your class is particularly small (less than ~5 students), your personal performance could make a substantial difference. Otherwise, as freaking_out said, you can only try to counterbalance it with your examination mark.

You might be interested in trying out the following prototype program:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/moderate.php

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Essentially, it shows how marks are Moderated based on Exam marks, and something about relative gaps.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i just tested the program and im curious about a couple of the things that came up..

for one subject i put
a= 86 e= 75 and the moderated came up as 84.54
yet then for another subject i put
a= 84.61 e=92 anf the moderated came as 80.54

so im just curious why for the subject i performed better in i ended up with a lower mark???
or is this the problem with the bugging at the moment

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Sorry, I need to write some instructions for it.

You shouldn't be using it as though you are a single student and each entry is for a separate course.

You need to enter the assessment marks of the students in a particular class, along with the exam marks gained by those students, and the program will calculate the moderated assessment mark for each student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)