Percent Difference between ranks (1 Viewer)

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
Ok,
In physics and biology, I'm coming second
In both these cases, They got scaled up and me down, which is very annoying but hey

With the gap between us so close, how would it affect my final hsc mark, as there is a good chance I may be able to beat the 1st ranked people in both subjects

So, here's the hypothetical

Physics
A-89 A(hsc) - 90
B-88 B(hsc) - 92

Now, would it end up being student A gets an overall mark of (92+89) / 2 = 90.5, and student B getting (88+90)/2 = 89

Or is it something different?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Darrow said:
Ok,
In physics and biology, I'm coming second
In both these cases, They got scaled up and me down, which is very annoying but hey

With the gap between us so close, how would it affect my final hsc mark, as there is a good chance I may be able to beat the 1st ranked people in both subjects

So, here's the hypothetical

Physics
A-89 A(hsc) - 90
B-88 B(hsc) - 92

Now, would it end up being student A gets an overall mark of (92+89) / 2 = 90.5, and student B getting (88+90)/2 = 89

Or is it something different?
well, it's different.
Student A would get an overall mark of 90 (keeping the external exams mark) and the top HSC mark as their internal mark, so assuming that the top mark was achieved by student B then that will be 92, meaning overall HSC maark is 91.

Student B would get 92 (keeping their external exam mark) and receive 90 assuming that was the second highest mark. making it overall 91.

Unless i misunderstood something in your post this is correct.

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
So the HSC exam marks can be used more then once?
As in, the person who comes first gets that highest external mark, AND the person who actually scored that highest mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)