E4s In Ext 1 and Ext 2 maths (1 Viewer)

friction

HSC
What sort of raw mark do you think is needed to get an E4 in Ext 2 and a 95+ in Ext 1.

danz90

HSC
From what I've read in the raw cut-off threads... to get an E4 in MX1 you would need a raw exam mark of around 58-62/84, which is definitely achievable. Even if you don't attempt Questions 6 and 7, and ace and get almost full marks in 1-5, then you're looking good to get an E4.

Don't have a clue about MX2, but I'd imagine that the E4 raw mark cut-off would be substantially lower than that for MX1, since MX2 is a more difficult paper.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
From what I've read in the raw cut-off threads... to get an E4 in MX1 you would need a raw exam mark of around 58-62/84, which is definitely achievable. Even if you don't attempt Questions 6 and 7, and ace and get almost full marks in 1-5, then you're looking good to get an E4.

Don't have a clue about MX2, but I'd imagine that the E4 raw mark cut-off would be substantially lower than that for MX1, since MX2 is a more difficult paper.
Awesome. :eek:

shaon0

HSC
danz90 said:

Wow, that's achievable for me :D I used to think that a band 6 was 90%+ before.

danz90

HSC
shaon0 said:
Wow, that's achievable for me :D I used to think that a band 6 was 90%+ before.
Remember, raw band cut-offs change from year to year, depending on the difficulty of the exam as judged by the experienced teacher judges.

After learning about and fully understanding aligning of marks, I was heapsssss relieved and realised that a Band 6 is still possible for most of my subjects.

shaon0

HSC
danz90 said:
Remember, raw band cut-offs change from year to year, depending on the difficulty of the exam as judged by the experienced teacher judges.

After learning about and fully understanding aligning of marks, I was heapsssss relieved and realised that a Band 6 is still possible for most of my subjects.
Same

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:

Yep, yep. I was really worried too about my Mathematics Extension 1 because I only pulled off about 80% in my CSSA paper (barely). But once learning about aligning, I soon learnt that I am looking at about 47 with this - lol

I am trying to push it to 48-49. :)

danz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yep, yep. I was really worried too about my Mathematics Extension 1 because I only pulled off about 80% in my CSSA paper (barely). But once learning about aligning, I soon learnt that I am looking at about 47 with this - lol

I am trying to push it to 48-49. :)
I pulled off 77% for a combined Independent/Western Region trial paper... but im expecting to get only around 55-60/84(max) in the HSC. Trust me, in the HSC exam, you'll be a different person...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
I pulled off 77% for a combined Independent/Western Region trial paper... but im expecting to get only around 55-60/84(max) in the HSC. Trust me, in the HSC exam, you'll be a different person...
But it depends on papers too. CSSA Papers are quite similar to HSC (if not harder) and you basically go through the same emtion during HSC as you did in Trials.

danz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
But it depends on papers too. CSSA Papers are quite similar to HSC (if not harder) and you basically go through the same emtion during HSC as you did in Trials.
I sure hope so.. if I can pull off the exam marks that I did in the trials, in the HSc, after aligning of raw exam marks I would definitely not have a problem with my UAI... but achieving high in the HSC exams is another ball game.

friction

HSC
Hmm the CSSA trials made me stuff up. I didnt go as well as i expected in Ext 1 only get 60/84 and Ext 2 66/120. In both i had off days (probably due to the stress) i hope it doesnt happen again. That is why i have been doing 8 hrs of maths a day for the last 3 days and will for the next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)