Internal Mark Question (1 Viewer)

Syley

HSC
Overall I'm doing pretty well although there is one subject dragging me down and I only have 10 units. My maths mark is pretty poor at around 58% and 27/52 ranking, my question is if I do really well in the HSC exam will it be possible for me to attain the higher bands, eg 5 or will this crappy internal mark bring me down? The rest of my cohort is doing bad as well except for top 10 which are pretty much miles ahead, how will this affect the marks?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Syley said:
my question is if I do really well in the HSC exam will it be possible for me to attain the higher bands, eg 5 or will this crappy internal mark bring me down?
Yes, provided you do extremely well in the external exam and your cohort, as a whole, also do well.

Syley said:
The rest of my cohort is doing bad as well except for top 10 which are pretty much miles ahead, how will this affect the marks?
It will mean the final gap in the moderated assessment marks between the top 10 and the non-Top 10 group will be relatively large if the external marks also reflect the same story.

Syley

HSC
What would be considered extremely well, 100/120 or more?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It's almost impossible for me to say because your internal mark will be influenced by how well your cohort performs. The worse your cohort performs the lower your internal mark, which means the better you need to perform externally to acheive a your desire mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)