does only having general maths and standard english weaken your UAI (1 Viewer)

m.dematos

HSC
does only having general maths and standard english weaken your UAI?
if so what is the maximum score you can acheive?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
General Math scaled down heaps. The max scaled mark is around 90.
Standard english is hard to get band 6's in, and band 5's get scaled down significantly. But it shouldn't matter unless those 30ish marks are important to you. It's still very possible to get a UAI in the high 90's, but 99+ is going to be basicly impossible for you to get with those subjects.

ilwkh

HSC
do well at these subjects and u can get a very decent uai :D

Shnurs

HSC
ilwkh said:
do well at these subjects and u can get a very decent uai :D
Place great emphasis on the word decent. It is going to be very hard to crack into the 90s with those subjects but I assume if you're doing those subjects, then realistically you don't have much of a chance regardless.

No offence.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
99+ is possible for most of the subject combination.

I have previously seen who got 97+ UAI with the combination of English (Standard) and General Mathematics.

m.dematos

HSC
however i also do ancient history, legal studies, business studies, history extension and biology and top of my class in most of them??

jirwin

HSC
I got 87.50 last year with standard eng and general maths.

studentcheese

HSC
Yeah, you'll have to work really hard to make sure the scaling wont affect your results.

According to the UAC website, a student achieved 99.85 with Standard English. Another student achieved 99.90 with General Maths. Furthermore, a student studying Ancient History acquired a UAI of 100.

It is possible.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah of course its possible, just like its possible for anyone to get 100, someones done it so its possible. but that doesn't say much.

EnesUnal1991

HSC
the maximum score achievable is 100 but it depends on your effort all this standard and general talk is rubish and scaling depends on the state! if you get over the average then it scales up! dont worry about all the technical stuff just wait till it comes.

poisonives

coolest member
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
I don't mean to be rude, but to be quite honest, why would someone doing both Standard English and General Maths be planning on going to University, let alone achieving a very high UAI? If they can't cope with the higher level subjects at this stage, maybe TAFE would be a better option...
lol, that was rude

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
black_kat_meow said:
I don't mean to be rude, but to be quite honest, why would someone doing both Standard English and General Maths be planning on going to University, let alone achieving a very high UAI? If they can't cope with the higher level subjects at this stage, maybe TAFE would be a better option...
Everyone is free to choose whatever they want. For your information, many people who have undertaken those subjects got 95+ UAI. I reckon it is wise to get good marks in those subjects than some shitty marks in high scaling subjects like 3 unit maths. It's not really your position to say whether they deserve to be in TAFE or not.

Some of them would actually beat your future UAI, you know. In that case, why not consider yourself a nice little position at TAFE?

studentcheese

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
They could be good at other subjects :)

domvice09

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
majority of uni cource do not rely on having an intricate knowledge of maths and english and are not primarily based around them either...

domvice09

HSC
lyounamu said:
Everyone is free to choose whatever they want. For your information, many people who have undertaken those subjects got 95+ UAI. I reckon it is wise to get good marks in those subjects than some shitty marks in high scaling subjects like 3 unit maths. It's not really your position to say whether they deserve to be in TAFE or not.

Some of them would actually beat your future UAI, you know. In that case, why not consider yourself a nice little position at TAFE?
agree!

lala2

Banned
HSC
The girl who came second in Eng Std has consistently placed first or second in our cohort (pharmacy) since first year. Now what does that say?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah good luck, you can do well no matter what subjects you're doing.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
The girl who came second in Eng Std has consistently placed first or second in our cohort (pharmacy) since first year. Now what does that say?
I know that Korean girl from the Brigidine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)