How does your rank in the assessments affect your overall marks? (1 Viewer)

isabelle101

HSC
just wondering how important your rank is during the school assessments, and if it affects you overall marks.

And can you switch between ranks in your class? (like go higher or lower if you do better than other people

:confused:

blistk

HSC
isabelle101 said:
just wondering how important your rank is during the school assessments, and if it affects you overall marks.

And can you switch between ranks in your class? (like go higher or lower if you do better than other people

:confused:
Your rank will determine 50% of your overall mark in the HSC. Your internal assessment mark is factored by your rank.

And yes, ranks can change after each assessment in year 12. It just depends on how much you were behind/infront, how much you got (scaled) etc.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I thought it was only 35% of your assessments that go towards your uai..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
honsaw said:
I thought it was only 35% of your assessments that go towards your uai..
50% school, 50% HSC

NOTE: school result is aligned according to the HSC results. This aligning procedure looks at your ranks and the difference in marks between each person.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Having a high rank is good - however it is not the end of the world if you have apoor internal rank in your assessments - just means you have to work hard and do well in the Externals.

For example in my HSC this year - I was ranked 22nd internally and I ended up doing better than some people who were ranked between 10-20.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
the-derivative said:
Having a high rank is good - however it is not the end of the world if you have apoor internal rank in your assessments - just means you have to work hard and do well in the Externals.

For example in my HSC this year - I was ranked 22nd internally and I ended up doing better than some people who were ranked between 10-20.
If you're not ranked 1st then it basically means they take the average between your HSC exam mark and your aligned school mark. In other words the better you do in your internal, the better, But if you don't do so well it isn't the end of the world :)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
But i was told by my business teacher that it was only 35%.... maybe he was wrong..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
honsaw said:
But i was told by my business teacher that it was only 35%.... maybe he was wrong..
I am assuming that he probably meant something else or referred to something else. But I can confidently say that it is 50% school assessment and 50% HSC.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Old thread but I have a question that has been nagging me ever since I learnt about ranks.

Pretend I come 2nd out of 10 people in a particular subject. How is my actual internal assessment mark determined from this rank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)