UAI - Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

stellina91

HSC
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if it is possible to get a UAI of 95+ if I achieve marks of 90 or more in all of my subjects except for one which I normally achieve 70-75% - English Standard. I am a bit scared that English will let my marks down.

Thanks.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Is it possible?

Well since I dont know your subjects I cant really say anything

BUt you can try "Sam" which is an the Assessment Modelle for students, all you do is put your subjects in and then put in the mark your have received or the mark you think you will receive for each subject. Once you have done that the you click submit and it will tell you your expected UAI.. but remember that it is not 100% accurate for coming years because or the marks received by that cohort and the number of people in that cohort

Here's the link - http://www.boredofstudies.org/sam/

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

It really depends on your subject combination. If you do all high-scaling subjects and English is your only weakness then your probably can, however if all your subjects are low scaling (e.g. General Maths, etc) then it will be hard.

Also - you should be aiming to achieve higher than 75 in English.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Yeha, as everyone has said, it's all dependent on your subjects.

They higher in english you can get the easier it will be, so work hard to get higher than 75 in it.

kevda1st

HSC
Band 4 in standard english isnt bad. Band 4 is like the top 20%(for standard). So my guess is that it will be most possible.

dp624

HSC
Actually, a 38.5 (which is a 77) scales down to 28.9, which is 57.8 (not the best comparison but good enough)
This means that your absolute max uai is 99.50

Btw, with your marks on 90 and 75. are they raw marks or aligned? cos if they're raw you can easily achieve 95+

stellina91

HSC
dp624 said:
Actually, a 38.5 (which is a 77) scales down to 28.9, which is 57.8 (not the best comparison but good enough)
This means that your absolute max uai is 99.50

Btw, with your marks on 90 and 75. are they raw marks or aligned? cos if they're raw you can easily achieve 95+
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm so happy to know that I can do well! These are just estimate marks if I were to achieve these results which I believe are possible if I really work hard. I know they're not exact but at least it gives me a bit of an idea of what I can do if I put my mind to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)