Units not being counted (1 Viewer)

RJ

HSC
I've done the HSC this year with 12 untis (i.e. 2 will not count). On the 18th of December when we get our results, will the scaling be such that I'll be able to look at my marks and automatically be able to determine which two of my units have not been counted, or will I have to wait till I get my UAI to tell? Basically, if I see a bad HSC mark on the 18th (my worst), is it safe to be able to tell myself that it won't be counted?

Huy

HSC
N/A
On the 18th of December when we get our results, will the scaling be such that I'll be able to look at my marks and automatically be able to determine which two of my units have not been counted
Not strictly, because the HSC marks that are reported will be different to the marks used to calculate your UAI.

Your UAI is determined by UAC and has it's own scaling process, using your raw HSC mark. On the 18th you will only see your aligned HSC mark, which "scales twice" in effect - as it uses your assessment mark (moderated, and then aligned) combined with another alignment process - taking your raw exam mark, aligning it, and combining the two to get your aligned HSC mark (which differs to your scaled mark, as used by UAC).

You will have to wait until you receive your UAI to tell.
Basically, if I see a bad HSC mark on the 18th (my worst), is it safe to be able to tell myself that it won't be counted?
No, I don't think you can "simply" do that, on inspection.

RJ

HSC
Thanks Huy. I know there's only a day in between, but I'm the sort of person who gets killed by suspense and can't help speculating!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
go to ambition to kill your anxiousness and then follow us to istar and check our results on the net cafe and destroy the computer after we get them :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
go to ambition to kill your anxiousness and then follow us to istar and check our results on the net cafe and destroy the computer after we get them :D
I'll do everything, except for the net cafe business :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It shouldn't be difficult to tell (given percentiles of people in bands).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)