English Extensions??? (1 Viewer)

HSC maven

HSC
Are any 2 units of english compulsory. Like, if you do extension 1 and extension 2, does your advanced mark count? (like with maths, you dont have to 2 unit if you do both extensions)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
They take your BEST two units of any English + best 8 units of the rest. For the majority, this is the Advanced/Standard/ESL course. For some, this can be 1 unit Advanced (2 units halved) + 1 unit English Extension 1 or 1 unit Advanced + 1 unit English Extension 2 or even 1 unit English Extension 1 + 1 unit English Extension 2.

starlight190

HSC
They take your BEST two units of any English + best 8 units of the rest. For the majority, this is the Advanced/Standard/ESL course. For some, this can be 1 unit Advanced (2 units halved) + 1 unit English Extension 1 or 1 unit Advanced + 1 unit English Extension 2 or even 1 unit English Extension 1 + 1 unit English Extension 2.

What if the ext english subjects take up a chunk of you UAI marks?

ie I do:
2U Maths
4U English
Visual Arts
Textiles
Geopgraphy
+ A non-UAI course at TAFE

Sub-totals:
UAI: 12 units Non-UAI: 2units
Total:14 units

LordPc

HSC
What if the ext english subjects take up a chunk of you UAI marks?

ie I do:
2U Maths
4U English
Visual Arts
Textiles
Geopgraphy
+ A non-UAI course at TAFE

Sub-totals:
UAI: 12 units Non-UAI: 2units
Total:14 units
your question doesnt make much sense. UAI takes atleast 2 units of english. not only 2 units. so you can have, and many people do, have 4 units worth of english in thier UAI calculations

and for OP, i did extension 2 english and my advanced mark didnt count. ext 1 and ext 2 english counted as my 2 units. but english is not in any way like math. doing extension 2 english doesnt change the fact that your extension english subjects are worth 1 unit, and advanced is still worth 2 units, and you still do the advanced hsc exam. so dont make any comparisons to math because that will only confuse you.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Are any 2 units of english compulsory. Like, if you do extension 1 and extension 2, does your advanced mark count? (like with maths, you dont have to 2 unit if you do both extensions)
No, as long as you better in Extension than you did in Advanced.

bumblebutt-2991

HSC
i'm only doing 10 units so all my subjecs will count yh?

stupid ext eng 1 is killing me xD :uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)