How hard is it to get a UAI 90+ (1 Viewer)

kevsun92

HSC
hi
the subjects i do are:
Ext1 Math
Ext2 Math
English Adv
Physics
Engineering Studies
Software Design and Development.

Just want to know what kind of marks i need in order for me to get a UAI above 90.
ps: I want to do electrical engineering at UNSW.

Thx

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
play around with the SAM uai calculator, and realistically guess what you can achieve marks-wise.

drop your weakest subject and focus on making your ranks, and hsc exam marks as high as possible. that's my plan.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
hi
the subjects i do are:
Ext1 Math
Ext2 Math
English Adv
Physics
Engineering Studies
Software Design and Development.

Just want to know what kind of marks i need in order for me to get a UAI above 90.
ps: I want to do electrical engineering at UNSW.

Thx
Shouldn't be too hard. You can get 90+ UAI with low 80s in all of your subjects.

kevsun92

HSC
i really suck at english. so low 80s for that is pretty hard for me :(

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i really suck at english. so low 80s for that is pretty hard for me :(
then, say you get high sixties, low seventies for english, keep in mind that the marks are aligned marks, not raw marks, then you need to improve the marks for your strongest maybe two subjects to high nineties, then you'll be sweet =]].

EDIT; i'm bad at english and i'm aiming for higher than ninety five. and i've been told it's reachable. so you'll be fine =]].

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
you can do shocking in english and still get a great uai,

anyway its not too difficult to get a uai of 90+

takes a little effort but not too much

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
It really isn't that hard. I winged both my english exams and still went alright in them. If you're good at, and passionate at the subjects you're doing, you will do well. If not, then you have to put in a bit of effort to compensate for it.

dp624

HSC
you can do shocking in english and still get a great uai,

anyway its not too difficult to get a uai of 90+

takes a little effort but not too much
clarify shocking and great?

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
clarify shocking and great?
well ive set the 90 at 90 since its what is the aim of the op, therefore anything over it its great

And now lets set the standard for subjects at 85, since depending on the subject undertake you can get the uai aimed for with these marks

Now from personally experience, i didnt take the first semester seriously, and thus serverly disadvantaged due to poor ranks, which i later made up for slight by putting in more effort, but not as much as what i should have, but enough for what i needed

I only grasped the complete idea of the english course after the trials so i went in with a crap rank for it, my other subjects ranks ranged from great to decent and anyway i came out with a band 5 (81) in advanced english and still got a uai of over 90

A lot of my friends who like me, are more science and maths based like i am, and their marks in advanced english ranged from 75- marks around mine and they all managed to get uais well over 90; and they put in an effort similar to me

so basically yer my advice is put in all you can, and then just a little more, basicalyl that little more is to replace the procrastionation

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
It doesn't matter if you're shit at English (Adv) - you can still get a good UAI.

At my school, we generally get ~ 30 ppl over 90 with probably 3 over 99 every year, and most of them do not get Band 6s in English.

HSC
It doesn't matter if you're shit at English (Adv) - you can still get a good UAI.

At my school, we generally get ~ 30 ppl over 90 with probably 3 over 99 every year, and most of them do not get Band 6s in English.
Oh COOL! =D
but why doesnt it matter? :s
English counts towards your UAI no matter what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)