english not counting in final uai... (1 Viewer)

hannahcheeseman

HSC
Hey,
I heard a rumour that even if you have 12 units and english is your worst subject in the HSC it will still count for your UAI because its a compulsory subject...

does anyone know if thats true??
Thanks

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
Hey,
I heard a rumour that even if you have 12 units and english is your worst subject in the HSC it will still count for your UAI because its a compulsory subject...

Thanks
no this is not true.

i didnt study for english at all and drew a massive penis with 3 pieces of jizz in bright red paint pen marker in each of my papers

i still managed to squeeze 94.45 out of the hsc system

RuffWoof

HSC
Yes your rumour from some stupid ass source is true. English is a compulsory subject but may not count for your UAI- yes that is logical.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The only reason Advanced English won't count is if your doing Ex1 + 2, and your marks in Advanced are lower than all your other courses (Doing a min 12 units). This only happens for about 0.01% of all students.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
Hey,

Thanks
Deffinately counts. It's pretty pointless if they make it a compulsory subject and make it not count. Then people would not even bother (esp. international sudents). Which is pretty smart, yest annoying. Cause I'm not that good at english.

__moonriver

HSC
But there's still hope if you do 4U English. Since 2U is probably the hardest course of the three (this is my personal opinion), it's not uncommon to do better in your extension units in English.

LordPc

HSC
The only reason Advanced English won't count is if your doing Ex1 + 2, and your marks in Advanced are lower than all your other courses (Doing a min 12 units). This only happens for about 0.01% of all students.
not doubting you but just interested as to where you got this percentage from?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
not doubting you but just interested as to where you got this percentage from?
In 2008 the percentage was approximately 2% of Advanced English students or 1% of all students who received a UAI.

You can see this from Table A6 of the scaling report.

Ippius

HSC
Your best two units of English count. The only way to completely avoid advanced English is to do 4U English.

dp624

HSC
lol 'rumour'
as you can probably see it definitely counts

Clifford

HSC
Omg, BreeBites from myspace?

To make this post relevant, yarh, it counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)