HSC subject. General Maths. (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
pretty much. and if for some strange reason you are reallly really good at general maths, u shud probably do 2unit.

alex09hsc

HSC
the way i think of it is, if you don't need maths for your prospective career but you're good at it, general is the way 2 go. should be easy to attain band 6 which wont scale down!!

alex09hsc

HSC
it scales roughly the same as business studies and legal studies, but it's probably easier to get a high band five in gen maths than those two.

MrDimple

HSC
yeah im pretty much acing general maths,i use to get like not past like 44% or so now i average 85% if you sucked at general maths like i did just work hard

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
the way i think of it is, if you don't need maths for your prospective career but you're good at it, general is the way 2 go. should be easy to attain band 6 which wont scale down!!
basically everything scales down..except some subjects or the top few marks of some subjects.
But general maths scales down hard and its capped, so even if u get 100% u dont get 100% lol :)

Failure_123

HSC
Hypothetically if i get lets say 50 for physics and scales to 80. 90 for general maths and scaled to 81, that means general maths is counted to the UAI lol?? since physics is my lowest mark out of the 10 units.

If so, scaling is just ridiculous because gen maths could possibly be better than physics in terms of the mark.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Hypothetically if i get lets say 50 for physics and scales to 80. 90 for general maths and scaled to 81, that means general maths is counted to the UAI lol?? since physics is my lowest mark out of the 10 units.

If so, scaling is just ridiculous because gen maths could possibly be better than physics in terms of the mark.
Most likely physics.
Treat scaling like currency conversion. Some 'currency' is worth more than others, for example in this situation, physics is worth more than general maths.

muscleman09

HSC
it will scale bad if u dont get 90+ raw mark.

85 at least...

and yes, legal studies scales shit LOL, i always thought it was the "hard" subject....which would scale.. but apparently not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)