3 unit math ranked against 2 unit? (1 Viewer)

simcon111

HSC
Hi i was just wonding whether in the actual HSC the 3 unit and 2 unit math marks of the students are ranked against one another for scaling and to therefore get your ATAR or whether they are left as seperate subjects.

I am asking this because within our school our internal assesments for 2 and 3 unit and different apart from major tests such as half yearly where they will do a common 2 unit and a 3 unit paper, but within our reports the ranks had the 2 and 3 unit classes combined.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Hi i was just wonding whether in the actual HSC the 3 unit and 2 unit math marks of the students are ranked against one another for scaling and to therefore get your ATAR or whether they are left as seperate subjects.

I am asking this because within our school our internal assesments for 2 and 3 unit and different apart from major tests such as half yearly where they will do a common 2 unit and a 3 unit paper, but within our reports the ranks had the 2 and 3 unit classes combined.
i think that in the HSC the 2unit marks of the 3unit students are ranked against the 2unit marks of the 2unit students for scaling.
but, 2unit and 3unit should be treated separately so i dont know what your scchool was doing with that, if there was a different 3unit and 2unit exam.
However, the ranks for the 2unit component will be ranked together as both 2unit and 3unit students sit the 2unit exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)