What Scales Better: Maths Extension 2 or Language Extensions? (1 Viewer)

edgeXofXforever

HSC
I've heard from friends that language extensions scale better (things like French and Latin) but I really doubt that.

I tried looking it up on Board tables, and Maths seems to scale better, but since I don't really understand the table, I can't really take that as conclusive evidence. I've also read somewhere that Greek Extension occasionally beats out Maths, but that was about it.

From this 'dux college' website, I found: "This is also the reason why some uncommon language courses with a tiny candidature of 50 or less, would sometimes have massive scaling even higher than Maths Extension 2". This pretty much tells you that most language extensions don't scale above MX2, but I really don't know...

So if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah; some languages do scale better than MX2. But so what? that's not gonna stop me from getting a high uai. :D

Dumbledore

HSC
you were probably looking at a table of scaled means, i noticed too that the scaled mean of greek and latin ext were sometimes higher than MX2 in a few years. this doesn't necessarily mean that it scales higher though, e.g. cosmology and philosphy have scaled means very close to the scaled mean of MX2, this is not because it scales higher but because the entire candatiture of distintion courses is made up of people who get band 6's in acc subjects hence the higher scaled mean. i'm not sure the cause of the high scaled mean but MX2 is still the highest in scaling i.e most favourable change of raw to scaled mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)