how is aligning fair/ (1 Viewer)

Mathman26

HSC
N/A
so how is aligning fair if all that it does is increase somebdoy's mark by a large amount. thats like giving marks to somebody who doesnt deserve them. how does it allow the board to fairly compare years/ its just a way of giving somebody marks that they dont deserve.

lychnobity

HSC
so how is aligning fair if all that it does is increase somebdoy's mark by a large amount. thats like giving marks to somebody who doesnt deserve them. how does it allow the board to fairly compare years/ its just a way of giving somebody marks that they dont deserve.
It's not like it's a huge amount. At most, it's 4/5 marks.

It's a fair enough system as is. As for deserving, I can't change your opinion, but really, there are some subjects that are naturally more difficult than others. They require more work, so the people doing those subjects should be rewarded for the hard work they put in. Eg Standard v Advanced English

Stop whining.

Mathman26

HSC
N/A
It's not like it's a huge amount. At most, it's 4/5 marks.

It's a fair enough system as is. As for deserving, I can't change your opinion, but really, there are some subjects that are naturally more difficult than others. They require more work, so the people doing those subjects should be rewarded for the hard work they put in. Eg Standard v Advanced English

Stop whining.
at most 4/5 marks! wtf? havent u seen the estimated raw band cut offs:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...578/raw-band-cut-offs-updated-15-09-04-a.html

at most its 20 marks. im not talking about scaling, im talking about aligning. the lower the mark is the higher it goes up. theres no significance to it. i mean your aligned marks arent even used for scaling so why the hell does the board do it?

lychnobity

HSC
at most 4/5 marks! wtf? havent u seen the estimated raw band cut offs:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...578/raw-band-cut-offs-updated-15-09-04-a.html

at most its 20 marks. im not talking about scaling, im talking about aligning. the lower the mark is the higher it goes up. theres no significance to it. i mean your aligned marks arent even used for scaling so why the hell does the board do it?
Was talking about the aggregate.

They do it so people's feelings don't get crushed by the realisation of their second rate academic abilities.

/thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)