Getting HSC Papers Back (1 Viewer)

bayan92

HSC
What is the deal with asking for papers back from the Board of Studies after they are marked?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Not true, you can pay $30 and get all your papers.
That is true, but they can decline it if they think you will use it against them in some way, which is why they declined dp624 lol... you could get it back but too much effort after that >.<

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No, while you may pay $30 according to the Freedom of Information Act, Board of Studies will most likely decline since as iRuler has stated, the raw marks may be used to determine band cutoffs.
However as the raw marks aren't on the papers it really comes down to the person trying to figure out the raw mark.

Markers only put a small tick on each page to indicate that they have read the page and the marks go on a separate piece of paper. (Maths may do things differently).

Top Secret

HSC
However as the raw marks aren't on the papers it really comes down to the person trying to figure out the raw mark.

Markers only put a small tick on each page to indicate that they have read the page and the marks go on a separate piece of paper. (Maths may do things differently).
Well say a particular student gets 90 in a subject, that student may hand the paper to their past teacher to mark, or even a willing HSC marker (risky), and from there can determine approximate raw band 6 cutoff.

bayan92

HSC
I wouldn't want them back for mark purposes and stuff...just to laugh at what I wrote :drink:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Whereas you most likely won't get it back for the whole band cutoff thing, if you can prove to the BoS that you only want it for <insert reason here> then they'll probably give it to you.
Look at the resources page, there's a guy that got his exams back in 2007 and uploaded them.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Well Lazarus got his back all the way in 01 and I want mine too!
Screw what they say haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)