Trials and half yearlies and the ATAR (1 Viewer)

sunsettah

HSC
I was wondering how much the trials and half yearlies count towards your ATAR?

I did really well and got 88.5 in Chem and Modern History in my half yearlies and received good marks in Bio, Chem, Adv Eng and Ext1 Eng.

I am doing my trials and will get great marks in them.

If I do really shit in the HSC exams in October/Nov, what are the weightings of the others, and will my average and ATAR be okay?

Just curious

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
What's important are your ranks and the mark gaps between your rank and those above you. Trials and half yearlies are important as they usually have the most weighting on them.
If you did well enough in the half yearlies and trials to balance you poor marks in the other assessments/minimise the mark gaps/better your rank then you will be fine :)

absorber

HSC
I was wondering how much the trials and half yearlies count towards your ATAR?

I did really well and got 88.5 in Chem and Modern History in my half yearlies and received good marks in Bio, Chem, Adv Eng and Ext1 Eng.

I am doing my trials and will get great marks in them.

If I do really shit in the HSC exams in October/Nov, what are the weightings of the others, and will my average and ATAR be okay?

Just curious
Every assessment you've done in year twelve combined will be half of the mark you receive for each subject. The other half comes from the mark you get in your hsc exam, so they get both marks and then average them for the final. The weightings of trials and half yearlies though depend on the school, but generally trials are worth 25-40% of internals, least at my school...In other words, 12.5-20% of your final hsc mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)