What Marks Do You Need to get 95+ (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
What Marks Do You Need to get 95+ in subjects... like HSC mark etc etc and assessment to get 95+ UAI?

Do you have to get 95+ as well?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
What courses do you take and are you asking for raw or aligned or scaled marks?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
What Marks Do You Need to get 95+ in subjects... like HSC mark etc etc and assessment to get 95+ UAI?

Do you have to get 95+ as well?
It really depends on your subjects. If you do the high scaling combinations such as Extension Maths, English (Advanced), English Extension, Physics, Chemistry, Economics etc - then you only need to get an aligned HSC mark of 85 and above - which realistically in raw terms, isn't too hard to get, although to ensure you get over 95, it would be ideal to get at least 1 or 2 Band 6s. In saying that, I know people who got 97+ with only a Band 6 in Extension I Mathematics.

If you're doing lower ended subjects such as English Standard, General Mathematics, Visual Arts, Senior Science etc. - then you'd need to break the Band 6 Barrier and often this means you have to get over 90 as your raw mark.

Don't use this as an absolute conclusion. You should always aim for a Band 6 in all your subjects, even though you can still do well if you don't achieve it in some subjects - that's the beauty of scaling.

absorber

HSC
SAM reckons if I got a b6 in my subjects (that is, 90 or 45 in each), I'd get 95.3 UAI. Legal ain't counted for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)