had to do this... mines a desperate case! (1 Viewer)

big_jezza

HSC
ok, so i did pretty bad in my CSSA trials. could someone please tell me what these marks would roughly scale to if i got them as my raw exam mark in the HSC, and also give me an ATAR estimate? Btw my school rank last year was 409.

Music 1:
Exam mark= 57%
Exam rank= 3/7

Chemistry
exam mark = 32%
rank = 13/16

Standard English
exam mark = 50%
rank = equal 34/87

General Maths
exam mark = 79%
rank = 3/64

Physics
exam mark = 35%
exam rank = 13/17

Studies of Religon I
exam mark = 19/50
rank = 73/98

also, i would like to know the ideal raw marks which i need to obtain for each of these subjects, in order to get an ATAR of 80.

AND, will i be able to do a B Music (assuming i do good in the audition) at any of the following uni's based on these results.....

UNSW, UWS, UNCLE, UNE, ANU

Thanks

Last edited:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
If you wanted to get an ATAR of 80, you'd have to do absolutely brilliantly in the exams. Some of your marks don't look too bad, but for a lot of them you'll be looking at bands 2 and 3. :(

ajdlinux

HSC
Well, 35% in Physics isn't exactly a high mark no matter which way you think about it, unfortunately. General Maths doesn't look too bad; Standard English looks pretty average, and that's still band 3 or so. :(

Your best hope is to just study as hard as you can and start thinking about lower cutoff options for tertiary study. Also investigate relevant TAFE courses, also look into universities that offer some sort of foundation studies program.

Captain A

HSC
N/A
your predicted atar atm is probably in the high50s/low60s im afraid

-Onlooker-

HSC
To the OP, not to demoralize you man but if you really want this 80 ATAR you honestly shouldnt be banking on scaling- your marks are pretty low. That being said; I still reckon there's some hope.

Math 90 --- > 80 hsc exam mark
Eng 80 ----- > 67 hsc exam mark
Musix 1 40 --- >30ish/50 exam mark?
SOR 1 40 ---- > ''
Chem 70 ----> low 50 exam mark
Phys 70 ------> ''

If you can achieve those Raw exam marks; then yeah you have a chance.

These ALLIGNED marks would probably get you 80 Atar (~~ just a guess

all the marks i said are approximates based on experience, so please dont bash me.

renny 123

HSC
To the OP, not to demoralize you man but if you really want this 80 ATAR you honestly shouldnt be banking on scaling- your marks are pretty low. That being said; I still reckon there's some hope.

SOR 1 40 ---- > ''
Phys 70 ------> ''

all the marks i said are approximates based on experience, so please dont bash me.

Sorry I'm confused. Do you mean that if you get 90 in maths you get scaled down to 80 or the other way round?

ajdlinux

HSC
No the aligned marks will go up quite significantly from what your raw trial marks are now, I'd say. It still won't go up enough though, and then UAC will do its scaling, and you'll go right down again.

jet

Banned
HSC

SOR 1 40 ---- > ''
Phys 70 ------> ''

Music I is a 2 unit course. 70 marks practical and 30 marks aural skills.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
ok, so i did pretty bad in my CSSA trials. could someone please tell me what these marks would roughly scale to if i got them as my raw exam mark in the HSC, and also give me an ATAR estimate? Btw my school rank last year was 409.

Music 1:
Exam mark= 57%
Exam rank= 3/7

Chemistry
exam mark = 32%
rank = 13/16

Standard English
exam mark = 50%
rank = equal 34/87

General Maths
exam mark = 79%
rank = 3/64

Physics
exam mark = 35%
exam rank = 13/17

Studies of Religon I
exam mark = 19/50
rank = 73/98

also, i would like to know the ideal raw marks which i need to obtain for each of these subjects, in order to get an ATAR of 80.

AND, will i be able to do a B Music (assuming i do good in the audition) at any of the following uni's based on these results.....

Thanks
sorrrrryyyy but have you beeeen sleeping all yearrrr?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i love it how all the sarcastic, bitchy posts in this thread are by '10ers

its amazing how much you mature over the duration of ur final year of schooling

anyways jezza, like i tell you EVERY SINGLE DAY, you needa drink a glass of concrete and HTFU.... fukn get ur head in the game n study!!!!! if you wanna get into music at a big fancy university like UNSW, u need to work harder otherwise ur stuffed.

sorry jeremy, but thats just the way the cookie crumbles :)

waryap

HSC
I agree with Meilz... just study your hardest, man. You can achieve an 80 but you'll need to start studying now if you haven't already.

Good luck.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Knuckle down on music, because isn't a lot of the selection down to your music ability and not so much your ATAR? I'm probably complete wrong, but anyway, you can still get and 80, just put the effort in :D

zeleboy

HSC
OP: Your ranks aren't spectacular. Don't fret about your internal marks, they will be changed by the Board of Studies in a process called moderation. Try and perform extremely well in the externals, they will average out with your internal mark to produce a decent HSC mark. Good luck.

Cloesd

HSC

Music 1:
Exam mark= 57%
Exam rank= 3/7

Chemistry
exam mark = 32%
rank = 13/16

Standard English
exam mark = 50%
rank = equal 34/87

General Maths
exam mark = 79%
rank = 3/64

Physics
exam mark = 35%
exam rank = 13/17

Studies of Religon I
exam mark = 19/50
rank = 73/98

Thanks

Your ranks AREN'T as bad as your marks make them out to be. That said their still pretty low. Though 80 is achievable. What you've gotta ask yourself first is, what's the MAXIMUM mark you reckon is possible for you to get if you study your ass of in the externals.

then ask yourself, what's the maximum mark the LOWEST person in your school is going to get for their externals.

Add these two numbers up. Divide by two. (ie average them) Do this for every subject and then average all subjects..

That is an... alright.. estimation for what uai your looking at. By no means accurate, but its an idea.

HSC
ive told you to study jezza. FOLLOW THAT DAMN TIMETABLE YOU MADE!!
are they your ranks from our trials?
and did you find out what atar you need to get into unsw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)