Engineering Studies...hardly anyone talks about it? (1 Viewer)

suraya91

HSC
Alright I already asked about Standard English, now I'm gonna ask about Engineering Studies; how does it scale relative to other courses? And what would be the cutoff for say, a Band 6?
Coz I always manage to get pretty good marks in Engineering (80s for most of the time), but the CSSA Trial really nailed me down, only got 67. The mechanics for most of the exam was...well, hard.
So anyone wanna gimme an insight?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I did the Independent Trial paper this year, I only got 71%. =/

Our teacher is kinda dodgey, but I can't blame him. From what I've seen the scaling of Engineering Studies is kinda poor. I just hope my Ext 1 can cover 1 unit of Engineering Studies.

suraya91

HSC
I did the Independent Trial paper this year, I only got 71%. =/

Our teacher is kinda dodgey, but I can't blame him. From what I've seen the scaling of Engineering Studies is kinda poor. I just hope my Ext 1 can cover 1 unit of Engineering Studies.
LOL whats with dodgy engineering teachers? Everyone ive heard who does engineering always says they have a dodgy teacher, including my class LOL
Scales poorly? Are you serious, with the amount of content in that course and the unpredictability of the exam, thats kinda harsh :(
Any idea what course it scales similar to?

untouchablecuz

HSC
LOL whats with dodgy engineering teachers? Everyone ive heard who does engineering always says they have a dodgy teacher, including my class LOL
Scales poorly? Are you serious, with the amount of content in that course and the unpredictability of the exam, thats kinda harsh :(
scaling has nothing to do with how difficult a course is, it depends upon the engineering candidature and how well they perform in all of their subjects

4 unit, for example, scales so well because the majority of people who do it do well in the majority of their subjects

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
That's true, the content is huge. Most of the questions are ludicrously insane as well. I guess it's just a bit hard to find a decent engineering teacher. Now to answer your question, according to this: http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/uai/2008_table_A3.pdf

Engineering studies seems to scale similiarly to Business Studies. Well, tbh I don't know T_T;;

suraya91

HSC
That's true, the content is huge. Most of the questions are ludicrously insane as well. I guess it's just a bit hard to find a decent engineering teacher. Now to answer your question, according to this: http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/uai/2008_table_A3.pdf

Engineering studies seems to scale similiarly to Business Studies. Well, tbh I don't know T_T;;
Some of the mechanics is just...arghh
As good as Business Studies? That is...insulting! :(
So what about band cutoffs? Any idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)