is it easier to attain a high ENTER (VCE) compared to a high ATAR (HSC)? (1 Viewer)

Brennyd

HSC
there have been a number of cases in my last few years at school, where i have noticed students getting much higher enter scores than uai/atar scores. i have also noticed that students that have not shown as much academic ability than others, but attended a victorian school have achieved similar or higher scores than that of the hsc candidant.

discuss.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I would think so.

1.No 3 hours exams for the VCE.
2.The data sheets that are provided for the VCE are far more extensive.
3.LOL, No 3-8 markers for science (Thus damn easy)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I would think so.

1.No 3 hours exams for the VCE.
2.The data sheets that are provided for the VCE are far more extensive.
3.LOL, No 3-8 markers for science (Thus damn easy)
That an according to my friend who moved down to Melbourne and my cousins, the competition is less fierce.

Brennyd

HSC
exactly. then we use the same benchmark to assure a place at university. what a joke.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
exactly. then we use the same benchmark to assure a place at university. what a joke.
Yea, that's unfair.
I've heard that HSC was actually regarded as superior to VCE in the past (don't know when), but they somehow changed it so that ENTER=ATAR lol

Aldehyde

HSC
I'd say easier than both VCE and HSC would be the Queensland system. You have ongoing assesment all year, which includes about 2 exams and 1 assignment each semester for each subject.

In order to balance this we have a test called the QCS (Queensland Core Skills Test) which every OP-eligible student in Queensland must sit. Your individual result does not count towards your OP, rather, it is your school's overall QCS result which plays a role.

In addition, it isn't really percentage based- the majority of tests are criteria based: A, B, C, D, E. Just make sure you get A's in everything and you'd be looking at an OP 1-3 in most cases.

Every school writes their own tests for each subject, so some schools may be "harder" than others- QCS attempts to fix that assuming that a good QCS performance = good school results.

Last edited:

Brennyd

HSC
yeah it really is stupid, the education system really need to make a national-wide common grading system that makes it fair on all students. at present, the state which you live in has a major effect on how well you go in your final year mark and therefore the university courses you are able to consider.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I always get told the QLD system = fail

yeah it really is stupid, the education system really need to make a national-wide common grading system that makes it fair on all students. at present, the state which you live in has a major effect on how well you go in your final year mark and therefore the university courses you are able to consider.
Yeah :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)