The Hsc !!! (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
No.. to quote:

"To meet the course requirements for the Higher School Certificate students must satisfactorily complete a Preliminary pattern of study comprising at least 12 units and an HSC pattern of study comprising at least 10 units."

Winston

HSC
no i thought you do get HSC but you just don't satisfy the requirements for a UAI

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
no i thought you do get HSC but you just don't satisfy the requirements for a UAI
na, u can't get the hsc or the uai...but the uai does have other conditions such as only having one category b course which can b part of the 10 units, etc. etc. :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yes 10 units needs to be satisfactorily completed.

There is very little satisfication of the UAI, they simply take the best 10 units, but there might be some circumstances where a student picked more than one category B subjects resulting in still receiving a HSC certificate but only having 1 category B course counted towards the UAI.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, and if it wasn't the case- then ppl. who accelerated some of their hsc subjects would've been eligible for their hsc bfore they get to yr. 12. :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It doesn't mean you skipped a year, you just -accelerated- a particular subject.

I know a lot of James ruse people in year 10 that accelerated and did IPT HSC exam at the end of year 10......crazy people, but they aren't considered a year above everyone else just because they did that.

Lainee

HSC
Heheh, alot of Sydney Girls as well for IPT. :) Twas a strange kind of year, absolutely no stress since we all knew that we weren't going to let it count to our UAI anyway, but it gave me a good hard look at the reality of the HSC.

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
It doesn't mean you skipped a year, you just -accelerated- a particular subject.

I know a lot of James ruse people in year 10 that accelerated and did IPT HSC exam at the end of year 10......crazy people, but they aren't considered a year above everyone else just because they did that.
yeah, but if u accelerated at once for 10 units- then u've basically skipped a year. :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, but if u accelerated at once for 10 units- then u've basically skipped a year. :D
As long as you accelerate in English as well.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You do get a UAI with less than 10 units.

Though typically you'd have known you are doing less than 10 units so you'd have picked another subject, otherwise I really question your counting skills :p

Though there are cases where you are doing 10 units but only 8 of them count due to doing 2 category B courses within your 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)