units concern (1 Viewer)

snot

heya guys just a qustion will my 2u of english be counted? and is it just my other best 8units?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
2U of English is compulsory and will always count regardless of how well you do. Along with the 2 Units of English, 8 other units will be counted in which only 2 units of Category B courses can count.

snot

thanks,thats cool i dont do any of them. phew, what were your other 8units of subjects?

Last edited:
HSC
Can ext english 1 and 2 count as your two units of english, or does it have to be standard/adv english?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Extension English 1 and 2 both count as 1 unit.

Only Mathematics extension 1 and 2 can count as 2 units if you are taking extension 2.

HSC
What I meant was, if you score higher in the HSC when combining your eng ext 1 and 2 scores than your eng advance score cn you use the ext 1 and 2 scores as your compulsory 2 units of english?

:cool:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, the two Extension courses can count as your compulsory units instead of the Advanced course.

Your BEST two units of english are included.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
of course, the only requirement is that u have AT LEAST 2u counted isnt it?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by idan
Can you have, for example, one unit of ext english and 1 unit of advanced counted?
Originally posted by Sarah168
of course, the only requirement is that u have AT LEAST 2u counted isnt it?
Yes, that's right.

xotic_rose

my english teacher told us that, if say for example, u were doing 11 units, and the 11th unit was ext 1 english, it would still count (regardless of the fact that ext 1 may have been ur worst unit - which should have then theoretically not been counted).
ok, let me try to explain myself. say u got 90 in adv english, and 30 in ext1 - ur not off the hook coz u did shit in ext 1. the avg of the 2 (i.e 40/50 - for each unit) is the mark considered for ur uai, so all ur english counts. i think this case is more valid for people doing ext2 english, to discourage people just bludging ext1 english, and devoting all their efforts to the the major work.
i hope this makes sense... but i guess all we can really do is try our very best! :S i dunno if we can outsmart the system
take care,
mary

santaslayer

HSC
eh.i havnt heard of that idea before./just becoz u do ext 1 dosnt mean IT WILL count for sure..
only best 2 units of eng count...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
unless u do ten units like me and HAVE to have 3u of eng count

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)