extra uai pionts. (1 Viewer)

snot

hi i was wondering if anyone had any idea of ways of getting extra uai points? i heard if you are on the SRC you get an extra point is that true?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That is certainly not true.

There is no way to get extra UAI points, the only thing that is similar to getting UAI points is when your Education Access Scheme (EAS) has been successful, in whch you will be considered for a University course that is slightly higher than your UAI, even this does not give away 'free' UAI points.

The EAS is a scheme that takes account of any difficulties beyond your control that has affected your school performance.

Avicenna

Originally posted by snot
hi i was wondering if anyone had any idea of ways of getting extra uai points? i heard if you are on the SRC you get an extra point is that true?
Never heard of that, but i know you can apply for some EAS disadvataged form only if you have disadvantages in areas like: health, family, residence...etc and then you 'could' be elligible for entry into a course with a slightly higher uai cut-off than your uai.

snot

so with this EAS how much higher or does it depend on the situation?

Avicenna

Well my friend got 96.95 last year (2003) and applied to optometry with an EAS form ...but he didnt make it to opto which had a cut-off of 98.3 and yet in 2002 another guy applied to actuarial studies at macquarie using an EAS form and mafe it....

so it really depends on the number of applicants for a course and their UAI's.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
also if u were going to regional unis u would get extra points...eg UOW get 3 extra points if u live near the gong.....(which i dont think is fair)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by snot
i heard if you are on the SRC you get an extra point is that true?
where did this rumour start?

Winston

HSC
Maybe we have idiots thinking taking up an SRC position will entitle them to apply for EAS, thus bonus UAI pts?

If that's the case these people should be shot to death, because taking on a position like that or doing anything out of your free will is not classified as being disadvtanged.

snot

ok what about some unis that say they offer extra points to students who live x number of kms from the uni, is that true?

studysum

It is true that if you go to selected universities, they will consider that your UAI was a few points higher (say 1-3 points).

For example, if i want to study at the University of Sydney, and i am currently at a Newcastle School, then my UAI will be the same. However, if I opt to stay at Newcastle University, that University will pretend that my UAI is a designated number of points higher, and i might be able to just get into a course that i would not have otherwise been able to get into.

This is done so that local students do not leave for the bigger cities.

P.s The rumour about the student council reps getting more points is funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)