quick question (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
this is probably in another thread or whatever, but i cant be bothered looking for it - and i just need a quick response

i was reading about how the UAI is calculated and it says 'your best' 2 units of english plus 8 other units. does that mean if i get the highest mark in ext.2 english that is what is included and legal, modern, drama, ancient makes up the rest and advanced and ext.1 is neglected? thats what i seem to be getting from that...and isnt that a bit unfair if it is because all 4 units of maths can be included? can someone clear this up for me, im a bit confused. coz another classmate is doing 4 unit english as well and is deciding to put less effort into Entertainment Certificate and focus on his other 10 units.

thanks in advance for your response

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The eight other units can also include units of English.

Your best two units of English are taken to begin with, and then your next best eight units are included.

Remember that the English Extension courses are only worth one unit each. This is different to the Mathematics Extension courses.

If I recall correctly, the Entertainment Certificate cannot contribute towards a student's UAI.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
yeah it can i think, if u do 5 board developed u can include one board endorsed...i dunno, thats how i remember it from year 10...doesnt affect me anyway

i understand that now...it just means english is automatically counted in the UAI calculation...it was just worded weirdly i got a bit confused and worried.. i mean 'your best 2 units of english'?

Anywho, thanks Lazarus... feel better :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Board Endorsed Courses can't count towards your UAI. You're thinking of Category B courses. I've checked Entertainment - it can't count.

Hope it's clearer now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)