Juai (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

For JUAI... are the marks the user enters the aligned marks? Because I put in 75 for physics and it says "50% in the stat", if its the raw marks, it seems a bit insane for 75% to be in the middle of the state...
Also, is aligned mark a score given based on how well you perform IN COMPARISION to other people? Thanks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
No-one knows anything about raw marks. You'll always be entering aligned marks.

Aligned marks measure your performance against course standards (i.e. performance bands), not relative to other students.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Of course the problem comes trying to estimate your preformance if you enter raw marks based on your performance of doing past HSC papers under exam conditions. But go through a standard package to look at the band 5/6 3/4 answers etc and get an estimation of that way.

allGenreGamer

Thanks. Furthermore, when i enter my aligned marks on the right reads "80% in the state", does that mean the aligned mark i inserted is the top 20% in the state? If so, I altered the marks so that i'm in the top 20% of the state for all subjects - the calculator gave me 94. If I'm only in the top 20%, shouldn't my mark be 80%? is it because i get scaled up for maths 3u and japanese? I never knew you get scaled up that much...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
it means you are in the top 20% of state.

no, getting top 20% in all your subjects doesn't mean you get an UAI of 80.

the percentage of state you get in you subject has little to do
with your final UAI since you must look at all subjects together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)