Can 1 Subject Bring your ATAR down? (1 Viewer)

HybridKath

More like HybriDead
HSC
Title.

I'm having massive difficulties with English, and as hard as I try, my rank/marks are in the bottom 25% of the grade. I'm confident in all my other subjects, though, and am aiming for a 94+ ATAR. Will my English bring my overall ATAR down by a large amount?

bleakarcher

HSC
Yes it will bring your atar down quite significantly however all you can do is try your best and reach your full potential in the subjects you excel in.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it will bring your ATAR down. I reckon it would be the best to work more on it imo.

bleakarcher

HSC
^ coz standard only increases ur chances of a shit atar

bleakarcher

HSC
to the OP, I advise you to follow what 4025808 said, plenty of time to improve.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
^ coz standard only increases ur chances of a shit atar
This. Never EVER do Standard. Tbh, I can't tell the difference between Advanced and Standard.

And, for the record, there is no such thing as Mathematics (Advanced). It's just Mathematics.

HSC
This. Never EVER do Standard. Tbh, I can't tell the difference between Advanced and Standard.

And, for the record, there is no such thing as Mathematics (Advanced). It's just Mathematics.
When i said mathematics advanced i meant maths extension 1.
You can say whatever about standard, that's your opinion.

enoilgam

HSC
There is still more than enough time to turn things around. The time when you start freaking out is when you get your trials back in you realise you are ranked poorly - and even then there is still hope of turning things around.

bleakarcher

HSC
Standard and advanced english are almost exactly the same in terms of difficulty so I see no point in not doing Advanced even for bad performing student. As I said previously it will do nothing but help your atar. Also, I recommend you move as well.

HSC
Uni Grad
Standard increases your chance of a shit Atar. Point, you get a shit atar if you're shit at something.
Especially if you're within the average, THEN it will really drag you down. It will align badly but scale almost the same as English Advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)