school asesment marks (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
say if 2 people get 100% for all their tests, and the grade average was 77% for all tests, would that mean the people who have had 100% in all tests would be moderated down when the school determines our school assesment mark because the standard deviation is lower (i think :confused: ) ?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If 2 people got 100% in all tests, thus being tied equal first, then the average of the 2 highest HSC exam marks will become their new moderated assessment mark.

When you are ranked first (i.e. the people who did really really well and got 100% in your example), they are given full immunity to any type of negative moderation, as they will always receive the highest HSC examination mark.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you would think the school would send in marks of 100 to the bos. anyway, the marks they send in are irrelevant, they could send marks of 50 it makes no difference (because both people are ranked first). the reason for this is ^^ in ragerunner's post

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The relative differences in marks between each student is still taken into account when moderating assessment marks.

So you can't just hand in 100 for everyone, it would mean the average of the entire class' HSC exam will become everyone's moderated assessment mark.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
When you are ranked first (i.e. the people who did really really well and got 100% in your example), they are given full immunity to any type of negative moderation, as they will always receive the highest HSC examination mark.
so the school would hand in an assesment mark as 100?

i remeber in year 11 they gave us our "assesment marks" for 3 unit maths. my friend got 100% in all his test, but when it came around to the "assesment mark" he got 145/150 and i got 105/150. i think my rank was like 17 and my test average was about 75%. does it work in the same way since there was such a great range in average assesment marks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)