Can I get an ATAR above 90 with these Subjects ? (1 Viewer)

ChrisAlkass

HSC
Hey Everyone I've just started year 11 and I was wondering if you can get an ATAR above 90 if I take;

English Standard
Mathematics 2U
Studies of Religion 2U
Legal Studies
Economics
Biology

If so how should I prioritize my subjects like which should I spend more time on inorder to get the best ATAR possible and also which subjects should I be aiming for band 6s and band 5s

PS is it true that 3 band sixes and 3 band 5s = ATAR 90 + ?

Lachlan_B

HSC
Easily.. I did standard english and general maths, got over 90.. I only got 2 band 6's the rest band 5's aswell

Aysce

HSC
Focus a lot on english standard to max out ATAR but obviously ensure you're at a top level across all your subs. It's generally true but it isn't in some cases ie. A very low scaling subject combo

enoilgam

HSC
You should easily be able to get over 90 in your subjects provided you do well enough in them. Try experimenting with an ATAR calculator to see roughly what you will need in each subject.

R

RishadM

90 ATAR is very possible with those. I don't know about the 3 band 6's and 3 band 5's = 90ATAR+.
It obviously depends on if they are high/low band 5's or 6's and what subjects you got them in

Runningup

HSC
N/A
If you rank well you can get above 90 with any subjects imo, aslong as you end up doing well externally and your cohort isnt a bunch of monkeys.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep totally possible. Yes ATAR calculator to see the give in what you can get in each to get 90+.

And the number of bands + number of bands thing is silly as it is so heavily dependent on scaling of subs-you can get 0 b6s and get >95 in very high scaling subs or three b6s and scrape low 90s if low scaling subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)