Alined down (1 Viewer)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
;) I've done my HSC ,but I need to know does rew marks ever get alined down?? I really can see this happening so if anyone nows please tell me what subjects this happens to ;)

And LAZ if theres only 2 people in the class and person A get 88.8 for his raw internal mark and comes first and person B gets 88.75 and comes second and in the HSC person A gets 60/100 and person B gets 99/100 (very unlikey, unless person A goes in the HSC drunk)

They will both end up with 80
Person A HSCmark 60/100 Ass mark 99/100
Person B HSCmark 99/100 Ass mark 60/100
Dont you reckon thats abit unfair??

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
;) I've done my HSC ,but I need to know does rew marks ever get alined down?? I really can see this happening so if anyone nows please tell me what subjects this happens to ;)
Very few raw marks are currently available, so we can't make statements on this matter with any certainty. It is likely to have occurred in at least one course, though.

Originally posted by Snapwizard
And LAZ if theres only 2 people in the class
They will both end up with X
Dont you reckon thats abit unfair??
This is not true. There are special formulae which apply when (for example) a class consists of only two students. This assists in preserving the relative differences between students.

Raw assessment marks are only kept to one decimal place (hence 88.75 would actually be rounded up to 88.8), so I'll proceed on the assumption that the raw assessment marks were actually 88.7 and 88.8 respectively.

Person A
Raw Assess: 88.8
Exam Mark: 60
Mod Assess: 99
HSC Mark: 80

Person B
Raw Assess: 88.7
Exam Mark: 99
Mod Assess: 98.9
HSC Mark: 99

You can test out various hypothetical scenarios using our prototype moderator -
http://www.boredofstudies.org/moderate.php

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)