Do well in Prelim.....Do well in the HSC?? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

I'm in Year 11 right now, and I'm doing OK. If at the end of the Preliminary year I get around 90 for each of my subjects, can I expect to get around 90 in all of my subjects in the HSC if I continue the same amount of study, homework etc?

Is the HSC actually much more difficult than Year 11, or is there just more work?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Doing well in year 11 is certainly a good indicator of whether you'd do well in the HSC. If you applied similar study techniques that managed to get you good marks in year 11, then year 12 should be quite similar. The only thing difference would be course content.

Which means you can't really say whether year 11 or 12 is harder. It depends on whether you enjoy it and can study it well.

untamedanimal

Its definitely harder, and perhaps it is harder because of its importance compared to the Prelim. Just dont get overconfident, especially because you are doing so well now. I was in the same situation and came in over confident and screwed the first assesment in a few subjects. Luckily i pulled my head in and made up for it and am managing to top all of them

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the hardest thing would be the knowledge that the hsc year assessments ACTUALLY count....the pressure that comes with that makes the difference

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Doing well in year 11 is certainly a good indicator of whether you'd do well in the HSC. If you applied similar study techniques that managed to get you good marks in year 11, then year 12 should be quite similar. The only thing difference would be course content.

Which means you can't really say whether year 11 or 12 is harder. It depends on whether you enjoy it and can study it well.
This guy said what I was thinking!! Try to put in an extra 10-15 minutes a day that u put in prelim!! IF you 90's in prelim ur kill the HSC!!

kpq_sniper017

OK, cool.
I'm never over-confident.
One of the things I never take for granted is doing well, or coming first.

So, I guess the HSC isn't "harder" as in difficulty, but it's more the pressure and the stress that makes it "feel" different??

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
I'm in Year 11 right now, and I'm doing OK. If at the end of the Preliminary year I get around 90 for each of my subjects, can I expect to get around 90 in all of my subjects in the HSC if I continue the same amount of study, homework etc?

Is the HSC actually much more difficult than Year 11, or is there just more work?
Maybe, but never expect to do the same in year 12 just because you did well in year 11. Complacency may kill you in the end! It is better to work your arse harder and be pleasently suprised about your sooper dooper mark! :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
OK, cool.

So, I guess the HSC isn't "harder" as in difficulty, but it's more the pressure and the stress that makes it "feel" different??
:uhhuh: ......thats where many people i know got screwed over by......they did full well in prelim, but because it was the 'hsc' they were piss scared and ended up with a unsaisfactory uai according to their standards

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Man in year 11 I bludged so hard. I got satisfactory results. Now in year 12 I'm working a tad harder and still getting what I consider good results, but still, I'm still shit scared that once I hit the HSC I'll fuck up hard and I will end up with something crap. Therefore, I think I should be working harder than I currently am! Lol! I'm glad that at least it's possible to work harder than I currently am!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes unless you're on drugs.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Yes unless you're on drugs.
did anyone hear about those drugs that sell for $2 in the playgrounds and it apparently improves your exam performance by allowing you to retain more

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Umm sounds dodgy.

I'd rather take my luck with a herbal placebo.

is a roflcopter
HSC
the competition in year 12 is definately harder because people will actually care about exams

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
the competition in year 12 is definately harder because people will actually care about exams
and students have a better idea of what to expect in the HSC exams.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
theres not much difference btwn yr11 and yr12....

main difference is uh huh the pressure and competition :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
theres not much difference btwn yr11 and yr12....

main difference is uh huh the pressure and competition :p
Course content is different. Even though you may find year 11 easy/hard, it 'might' be different for year 12.

Originally posted by speersy
year 11 is part of the HSC isn't it, even thought it doesn't count.
Yes it is part of it, but no marks are used from year 11. You need to satisfactorily complete year 11 in order to move onto year 12.

paper

put simply
0% of yr 11 marks count, while
100% yr12 marks do count.

this is the main differnece.

while prelim results can b an indication of ur HSC its by no means a guarantee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)