URGENT repeating subjects (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
hey guys i just found out (from anohter thread) that u can repeat subjects specifically and just change ur uai accordingly?

so for my understanding ill just put forward a scenario...

i finish my hsc with a uai of 94 but i dunt quite like that, i wanted say 96... i goto uni doing a course, but meanwhile i do wateva course i requrie again, and if or when i improve my mark, i get a recalculated uai? is this correct?

so i could do bachelor of commerce @ macquare, and choose accoutning as a major, this will mroe or less gurantee me a goo dmark with accoutnign at tafe (certificate 2), whcih is a hsc course ihave done, so then i could get say... 100% in that, will this then goto my uai?

so then withthis new uai, ASSUMING that it is above 96, i could change my course to another more desirable course, in a say, more desirable university (for me, taking nothing away from mac)

is this correct?

ps: would i have to atend clases again or is it pssible for me to jsut sit the exams?

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
your most recent attempt at a hsc subject is used for calculating your uai, not your best.
(ie if you do worse than before you will almost certainly get a lower uai.)

and most tafe courses can not be included in calculating your uai, so you should check with the tafe to make absolutly sure it can(ie not just assume it will be).

aditya

HSC
... i dun get wat u said?

and yes i am absolutely sure accoutning cert 2 is allowed to determine ur uai

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Smurfwow is correct in the sense that they count your most recent attempt assuming your doing a same subject again but if it's a new one then it can count depending if its a decent score.

Originally posted by aditya

ps: would i have to atend clases again or is it pssible for me to just sit the exams?
You have to attend classes cause you have to do the assessment and get an attendence record so that you don't get kick out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)