State rank whilst not being 1st ? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
yeah just make sure you're close to 1st

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
Yep! I came 2nd internally for VA but still SR'd! That being said, I was about 3/4 marks below 1st.

bigdawstv

HSC
lol really?

What was your school rank? and how much did your internals get moderated by ?

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
i know a dude who came 3rd in a school ranked 300, sr phys

Kaido

be.
HSC
Say I'm ranked 5th internally, whats the raw mark I need to have to state rank physics

Earth1

HSC
Yep, def can. I know a dude ranked tied first from a school ranked in the late 500's who topped the state.

Earth1

HSC
Tied first. And i was just trying to suggest that there is no definitive ranking (ofc near top) to top state.

bigdawstv

HSC
So even if school rank is shit, and I get 97 raw could I sr in a subject?

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
It makes it harder because Hsc is 50/50 - it's an average of your internal assessment mark and your external examination mark. However, your internal assessment mark is determined by the pool of external marks that your cohort attains (not the actual marks you attained in school).

braintic

HSC
N/A
Yes you can, definitely. I know someone who was ranked 7th internally and ended up state ranking.
Which goes to show it is not rank that is important - it is relative marks. He was probably one or at most two marks below first rank.

mreditor16

HSC
Which goes to show it is not rank that is important - it is relative marks. He was probably one or at most two marks below first rank.
The scenario was actually different to what I think you are imagining. We had two people rank equal first internally, so they received for their moderated school assessment mark the average of the two highest examination marks (99 and 97) - i.e. 98. I was ranked 7th internally and was given 94 (four marks less than the moderated school assessment rank for rank one) as my moderated school assessment mark, and it was my examination mark of 99, which helped me get SR, which was 97 or above that year. So tbh my moderated school assessment mark gave me very little chance of SRing - it needed a very strong performance in the HSC final examination to make up for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)